Tuesday, April 18, 2006

God loves me so much

Last night I decided to go to morning prayer this morning. So my alarm went off at 7:15 in the am. Uuuhhh. I got up at 7:20, threw on jeans and a sweatshirt, grabbed my chapel veil and morning prayer book and ran. I made it there right as they started. Unfortuantely it's Easter so I was confused beyond all get out. Sunday of week I my elbow. After that I went to breakfast, and instead of getting an unhealthy waffle with unhealthy toppings, I got two boiled eggs, steamed apples, and bacon. (Okay, cut me so slack, I did well on the first two!) I then went back to my room and studied Latin. (Where does the virtue end? :P) At 9, I got ready leisurely for class. At about 9:30 I popped my head into Claire's room and announced that she needed to be awake. Granted she already was, but I wanted to make it known that she didn't have to wake me up. Unsually I am sat upon by her or Liz at about 9:45. I announced that I'd been up since 7:20 and went to morning prayer and breakfast and studied. She stared blankly at me. I'm not sure if that's because my behavior was so shocking or that I was monologuing to her while she was in a towel. (That, by the way, is not shocking. I do that more than a person would think.) At about 9:45 Liz walked into my room, expecting to do the customary wake-me-up routine. (Usually involving shouting and shaking.) She was suprised when I opened the door for her and even more so that I was applying mascara and not sleeping. He he he. She then went to shower. Claire, Liz (other Liz), and I left for the Commons at 9:55 knowing that Liz (in the shower Liz) was going to be very, vey late for class and kind of sad for her, but hey, if she wants to be clean, that's her deal. Once we got there, we found out that poli sci was canceled. There was much rejoicing. We all decided to go to theology instead, so we wouldn't have to do it later. That's when we found out theology was also cancled. And there was much, much rejoicing. I stood in the hallway and watched the faces of exhuberant sophomores as they found out the good news. (Really, it was great.) All the sophomores have the same theology teacher and many have the same poli sci, so it really was a good day. As I was walking back to the dorm with Claire, I said, "You know. I got up for morning prayer and such and started out my day ordered. I feel like God just said, 'Good job WP, have a treat. Here, I'll cancel two of your classes.' And I'm like, thanks God, I like that treat. That's a great treat." Claire laughed and told me I should wake up early more often, because it works out well for all of us.As we got to the dorm, Liz finally came out. She looked at us strange and asked what we were doing. Claire promptly told her that it was Wednesday and that she didn't have a class until 1. They did the 'no it's not' 'yes it is' thing for awhile. Finally I said that if it wasn't Wednesday, then no one told J-ski or Bersnak that, because we didn't have class. I love making the Duck happy. Anyway, because of my class load being cut in half today, I was able to study Latin, go to Mass, got to lunch, read some Dante, do my metaphysics homework, watch as episode of 24, and take a nap. I love God!

3 Comments:

Blogger Meche said...

You wear mascara?!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Judit said...

Sometimes.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Propter Quid said...

Wow...

This blog has died.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home