Thursday, March 09, 2006

Full of Life

W00t!!! I'm about ready to jump out of my skin!! I love babies!!! South Dakota loves babies!!! Michelle has a baby!!! (Who I assume she loves very much!!!) Okay, let me rewind and play at, like, half speed.
So first I hear that Gov. Rounds (who I now love very much) signed the abortion ban. Read more here. What I think is even more awesome than that, is the people of South Dakota's attitude on abortion. Granted, if asked, many will say that it is up to the person, but would not have one themselves. And, I think, many people (not all of course), if a friend asked them what they should do, would council against abortion. Go us! Of course Planned Parenthood is blowing it all out of proportion. '"The people of South Dakota are so angry about this ban. And our phones have been ringing off the hook and our e-mail is just jammed," says Sarah Stoesz of Planned Parenthood.' Okay, I haven't taken a gallop poll (those things are SO accurate anyway. . . ) of what South Dakotans think, but I highly doubt there are even enough people who care one way or another to cause phones to even make a change. All I have to say about that is whatever. Apparently they want to put it up to a public vote. I say let 'em! We can show them what South Dakotans really think about life!!

The other night, I checked my voice mail at about 2 am and Bob left me a voicemail saying that Michelle was in labor. I ended up calling the hospital at 2: 30 am my time, 1: 30 am her time. The nurse told me that she wasn't taking any calls at that point. Later on I wasn't suprised, because little Patrick Leonard was born at 1: 46 am! 7 lbs, 4 oz, and cuter than any buttons I've ever seen!! Check out Basil's blog for pictures and more info. Congradulations Michelle!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home